Friday, March 19, 2010

On the lighter side...

El Nino (that is Spanish for....THE Nino) has hit in rare form this year. I have lived in HOTLANTA for over 20 years now and I still forget the curse every 7 years...rain, rain, rain, no sun, no sun, no sun, better sun tanning in Seattle type of weather.

Until today...Oh GLORIOUS SUN TODAY!

My cats were lounging (as only cats can do) on every conceivable piece of real estate in the house that was catching the sun. The sectional in the front sitting room catching the morning sun, the chair and cat tree in the office upstairs during midday, then the CHAIR-For-Two in the family room to catch those last rays as the newly budding trees blocked the last embers of the sunset. Oh, to be a cat with only the worry about whether it will be Friskies Turkey and Cheese (the favorite) or Supreme Supper (only slightly better than that dreaded dry food they are stuck with when I'm traveling).

The air was warm even after 10:30 when I caught a late dinner and margarita with my 'brother' at the local Casa Sol (awesome place, if you are ever in VR, you should check it out).

But hey...everything looks at lot better when the sun is out, the air is warm, and Spring is in the air..(OK, Nancy Pelosi didn't really look any better but I turned on "Say Yes to the Dress" instead of Fox News and forgot politics for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment